- This event has passed.
Curlew Conservation: The role of farmers, peatland and predators – Auchinleck
19th September 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Topics to be discussed on the day include:
- Agri-Environment Schemes and Capital Items
- Peatland restoration
- Predator control
- Rush and vegetation management
- Farm woodland opportunities
- Bringing areas of rank rush pasture back into management through rush cutting and grazing
Along with the discussions at Auchinleck Community Centre there will also be a practical demonstration of rush cutting equipment during a farm walk later in the day.
- Dan Brown, Gerry McAuley, Toby Wilson and Clive Walton (RSPB)
- Jennifer Struthers and Hazel Laughton (SAC Consulting)
- Sandra Stewart (Farming and Conservation)
- Phil Yorke (Animal Welfare Solutions)
- Daisy Whytock (Coalfields Environment Initiative)
For more information about this event please call the FAS advice helpline (0300 323 0161) and ask to speak to Jennifer Struthers.
This is a free event with lunch and refreshments provided, please use the booking form below to secure your place and to help us arrange catering. Don’t forget to wear clean clothes and footwear suitable for disinfection.
Please book via the booking form at this link: https://www.fas.scot/events/event/curlew-conservation-the-role-of-farmers-peatland-and-predators-auchinleck/